VMware Cloud Community
vmrulz
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

VMware 1st level support experiences

I'm not sure which of the gazillion categories this thread should go so please move as appropriate. I've been a customer for over 10 years and have had a roller coaster ride when it comes to VMware support.. mostly the coaster has been at the bottom of the hill when it comes to 1st level support engagement and follow-up.

I thought that VMware had on-shored most of their US support staff in the last few years. However the last few cases I've had are clearly being covered by people half a world away from the US working the grave yard shift.

I do not mind this if they engage the case in a reasonable time frame depending on severity and more importantly follow-up once contact has been made.

My latest case i opened 3 days ago I've not yet been able to work out a time to speak. I've asked that we arrange a mutually agreeable time to talk. Apparently this is asking too much.

I'm to the point where maybe immediately escalating the case is the best way to engage.

Anybody else have tried and true ways to work with this organization?

Ron

0 Kudos
4 Replies
vmrulz
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Wow I guess everyone are happy as clams except me. I just had another disjointed case with off shore.. follow-up was poor. It wouldn't be bad if we weren't paying good money for support.

0 Kudos
haripadmam
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Don't worry you are not alone in this. I'm sure if any don't want to acknowledge this. But first level support is at its worst now a days! They are very much focused on P1 tickets. For initial support we have to follow up with them like they pay money for our support. I'm a consultant and had to follow up with VMware for multiple customers/cases. Also engineers who are being assigned don't have sufficient knowledge and would just want to keep the ball rolling. But this wasn't the case few years ago. Anyway I have escalated this to partner alliance multiple times. Even some customer would like to consider Hyper-v just because they are done with VMware support. I found EMC/Cisco having excellent support compared to VMware/Microsoft.

Hope VMware takes this seriously and take some corrective measures.

Hoping for better tomorrow!

Best Regards,

Hari Narayanan.

0 Kudos
vAMenezes
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I am having the same problem. Opened a case on 8/17, received an email from a tech the following day saying he was reviewing the logs, then nothing.Silence! Sent 3 emails requesting an update, including 2 that included his supervisors. Finally today, 8/25 I received another email from him, however his response was not complete and doesn't seem like he really looked into the problem.

Very frustrating for the amount of money we pay.

0 Kudos
vmrulz
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Sorry to hear that. From what I understand the best place to gripe about it to possibly help change things is in your case followup survey.. that is assuming they get back to you! 🙂

0 Kudos