VMware {code} Community
Srini3012
Contributor
Contributor

Automation of plugin deployment in vpshere web client

Hi all..

Wanted to know the ways to automate our plugin in vpshere web client.The document has some java file which when compiled i get errors "cannot find the symbol VimServiceLocator is missing."

Basically what i want is ,I want to create a html page which asks for vcenter server IP and credentials ,once user enters this,i want to install my plugin in that vcenter.

Can you help me as to how to do this?I want to know how to proceed

Regards

Srini

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Peter_Ivanov
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi Srini,

Can you give more details? Do you need this for development or test purpose? Or you need it in production?

Srini3012 wrote:

The document has some java file which when compiled i get errors "cannot find the symbol VimServiceLocator is missing."

I couldn't understand this. When do you get this error?

Thanks,

Peter

0 Kudos
Srini3012
Contributor
Contributor

I need for production purpose,can you suggest some methods to deploy our plugin for production purpose.

I am getting that error when i compile the java code given in that document.

Regards

Srini

0 Kudos
Peter_Ivanov
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi Srini,

The class VimServiceLocator is located in vim.jar that is not included in the Web Client SDK.

I would recommend to start from here: VMware vSphere Web Services SDK Documentation

The README mentions that jar file: VMware Infrastructure (VI) SDK Readme

I have downloaded the vSphere SDK (vSphere Management SDK for vSphere 6.0 - VMware Developer Center) but only vim25.jar is present there. It is also not presented in the previous versions of the vSphere SDK...

I found vim.jar here: http://www.java2s.com/Code/Jar/v/Downloadvimjar.htm

Bug since it doesn't come from the VMware official web site, I cannot guarantee about it. But you can give it a try at your own risk Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Peter_Ivanov
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

vim.jar belongs to very old version of the vSphere SDK. The sample program that is given in the tech note is also outdated.

You can find the up-do-date instructions here: vSphere 6.0 Documentation Center

0 Kudos