VMware Cloud Community
just70
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Custom Validate in vRO 8.x

I am working on converting workflows from vRO 7.6 to 8.5. In 7.6 I use the Custom validation option on the form. This involves using OGNL language to call an action. It can pass the value of the field into the action, run through some checks and throw an error if it fails any checks. I cannot find this same option in vRO 8.

For example, here is a screenshot from vRO 7.6 where I'm passing in a VM name (string, yes string in my case) into an action that verifies the VM exists, its turned on, pingable, vmware tools, etc. If it would fail any checks then it would throw an error and prevent the user from submitting the form.

just70_0-1632346452539.png

Here is a screenshot of where I would expect this feature in vRO 8. Nothing around custom validation. I can add a regex, but not a custom validation to run an action for my string input. On a side note, for all of my string inputs these Minimum value and maximum value options exist. It's strange to have a minimum and maximum value for a string.

just70_1-1632346465147.png

Does anyone know if we can run an action, passing the field's value in for validation?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kenbradley
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

On the left side of the "Input Form" screen is the Request tab and the Validations tab. Click Validations then drag "Orchestrator validation" onto the canvas. Edit the properties on the right side, add field, etc.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
kenbradley
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

On the left side of the "Input Form" screen is the Request tab and the Validations tab. Click Validations then drag "Orchestrator validation" onto the canvas. Edit the properties on the right side, add field, etc.

0 Kudos
just70
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

That's it! Thank you!

0 Kudos