VMware Cloud Community
szafa
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Optimization Report - Oversized Virtual Machines filter

Hi All

Just looking for quick and simple way to exclude VM's that have less that 3 months collected data from  "Optimization Report - Oversized Virtual Machines". Is there any property that I can use? Already tried "creation date" but it show when vm was created in vCenter not when vROps started monitoring it.

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
szafa
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I have solution for my problem. The metric that can be used to display just objects with enough collection points =>  „vRealize Operations Generated|Availability” then filter sum is greater than 25000 which is about 90days. Maybe some one can benefit from that 🙂

View solution in original post

3 Replies
pashnal
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi Szafa, 

I could not find any property like that but the only way to do this could be to generate 2 reports . 

1. One is a normal report which you want .

2. second report is where the latest date is 3 months old , We compare the 2 report which ever VM has average cpu and memory as zero can be removed . 

Thanks, 

Pramod Ashnal 

Please mark my comment as the Correct Answer/Kudos if this solution resolved your problem Thank you.

0 Kudos
szafa
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks @pashnal but would like to automate it and schedule on monthly basis.

0 Kudos
szafa
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I have solution for my problem. The metric that can be used to display just objects with enough collection points =>  „vRealize Operations Generated|Availability” then filter sum is greater than 25000 which is about 90days. Maybe some one can benefit from that 🙂