VMware Cloud Community
STEdom
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Can't login with User "usgmtr"

Hello

I'm trying to update my UM 3.3.0 installation to 3.4. I used the official user guide and followed every step as described.

Had nu issues to import the data from the old UM to the new one. But as soon as I want to login the web interface, the login fails with the user "usgmtr".

When I login into the console with the exact same username and password it works.

Any advice from you guys?

Regards,
Dominik

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dbriccetti
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Hi. The user name, unless you’re using LDAP, should be admin. Authentication to the webapp is different from authentication to the OS.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
dbriccetti
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Hi. The user name, unless you’re using LDAP, should be admin. Authentication to the webapp is different from authentication to the OS.

STEdom
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

That worked for me. I assume the user guide from VMware is wrong.

Thank you very much!

0 Kudos
diegoazevedo
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Trying to update our vCloud Usage Meter from 3.3.3 to 3.4 and had the same issue.

Up until 3.3, no username was required to logon to the WebSite. With 3.4 the username field is there, but I couldn't find any information about which user to use. I tried root, usgmtr, service provider and just couldn't get in.

After reading this post I tried with admin and it worked like a charm, thanks!

Could VMWare Team please update the release notes and/or user's guide to include that info in there?

Thanks!