VMware Cloud Community
rstojkovic
Contributor
Contributor

vCenter Server 4.1 fails when managing ESX 3.5 hosts

Hi All

I have installed a new vCenter Server 4.1 on a Windows 2008 R2 server. This server also has SQL Server 2005 bit instaled that acts as the database server for the vCenter. This is a brand new install. I have been able to load the 4 ESX 3.5.4 servers into a resource pool. When ever I try to manage any functions on the ESX servers I get a lost connectivity. The vCenter Server service stops. I have reviewed KB1026319 and have confirmed that the config file has the entry

I do see the similiar entry in the log file that it encounters a duplicate path.

Any suggestions where to go next or what to look for. We have been on vCenter 2.5 for 3 years and the management of the servers has never been an issue.

Thanks

Robert

0 Kudos
1 Reply
rstojkovic
Contributor
Contributor

HI All

Thought I would give you an update. It appears that once the VCenter server was rebooted the issue resolved itself. This also occured when I installed the Update Manager. I would work on an upadate to an ESX server and the service would crash. After rebooting the VCenter Server all was in working order.

Hope this helps anyone who runs into the same situation.

Thanks

0 Kudos