VMware Cloud Community
jwdaigle
Contributor
Contributor

Where to download vCenter Server Appliance from?

Im hoping someone can help me - I am stuck on step 0 🙂

I have purchased VMWare Essentials, and would like to start with the low (er) effort option for installing vCenter, namely just downloading the appliance since it seems to be already configued etc for me.  Im sure I need to do some additional config, but I'm assuming its minimal.

I easily found the ESXi and vCenter (the one that runs in Windows Server), but cannot for the life of me find the appliance.

I did come across the 5.0.0 appliance with a lot of effort, but the documention I am following references 5.0.1.

Can anyone point me to the 5.0.1 appliance? The ESXi and vCenter for WinSrvr are both labelled 5.0.1.

Thank you in advance,

Joe

0 Kudos
3 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

Currently there's no new version of the vCenter Server Appliance available. You can download the 5.0 version from the Essentials downloads. Just click the "View History" link for "VMware vCenter Server 5.0 Update 1 and modules" on http://downloads.vmware.com/d/info/datacenter_cloud_infrastructure/vmware_vsphere/5_0

from the VMware vCenter Server 5.0 Update 1 Release Notes

Note: vCenter Server Appliance 5.0 Update 1 will be available later this year.

André

0 Kudos
jwdaigle
Contributor
Contributor

ah, yes, I see it now, thanks.  Not exactly "in your face" like the rest of the components 🙂

Followup question please:  I was able to download the other components, but this one, when I use the download manager, at the end, tells me "file is corrupt" etc.  I then have to start from the beginning.  Not terribly good use of my bandwidth.

Is there a torrent file that allows me to get it that way?  As I understand it, a torrent, when it receives a bad block, will retry that block *only*, rather than forcing you to re-download the whole thing again.

Im not worried about authenticity, since I can check the download via MD5.

So, any torrents for this mammoth file being served up?

thank you for all your help -

0 Kudos
svaradha
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I too had a problem finding this download, in the new My VMware you can find it under:

Products & Downloads -> All Downloads -> VMware vSphere -> VMware vCenter Server 5.0 Update 1 and modules -> Version 5.0.0

vcenter-appliance.png

I'm not sure if it will work on the newer U1 release though...

Good luck! Smiley Wink

| Satheesh.net |

If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful" answers/replies. :) Regards, -Satheesh-
0 Kudos