VMware Cloud Community
tool85
Contributor
Contributor

VMware Vsphere 5.0 product installers - Corruption

Scenario,

Trying to install Vcenter server using the Vmware-VIMsetup-all-5.0.0-639890 downloaded (5 times) on my 2008 SP1 fully functioning physical server. Hardware is old (about 4 years 2.66GHZ 64bit 16 GIG RAM Supermicro).

Have downloaded OSI two times and ZIP three times from Vmware site using download manager directly from 2008 server itself . Extracted fine, but during install of vcenter server an error message "CAB1 is the usually message".  All updates "are installed" Vcenter client installed without issues. No other 2008 issues.   Ran CHKDSK /F for the heck of it no issues found.

Any ideas??

0 Kudos
7 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

No matter how often you downloaded it, the important part is to verify the checksum after the download. Did you do this?

André

0 Kudos
tool85
Contributor
Contributor

No I have not ...honestly in the past have not done this process....download was still fine..

0 Kudos
tool85
Contributor
Contributor

Just wanted to mention does'nt the checksum verify integrity of download?? If it is corrupted the checksum will not repair it ?

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

Yes, it's just to verify the integrity of the download. Even a single "bad" bit on the wrong place can cause unexpected issues.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying this has got to be the cause of the issue you have, but it's the first step of troubleshooting.

André

0 Kudos
tool85
Contributor
Contributor

HASH does not match

0 Kudos
tool85
Contributor
Contributor

Last reply downloaded one last time hash matches

0 Kudos
tool85
Contributor
Contributor

Have tried to download on three different machines as well.

-a 2008 virtual machine directly connected to the internet

-a physical windows7 machine " "

-2008 physcial machine""

0 Kudos