VMware Cloud Community
WallaceTechUK
Contributor
Contributor

VCSA vMotion

Hi Guys.

I am having an issue that is really starting to piss me off. I have moved from Windows vCenter to the VCSA appliance. Now on the whole it's a good experience. However one thing that is pissing off is this.

I can select say 5 machines on a host, right click and migrate to another host with no issues. I then select another 5 machines, right click select migrate and nothing. It's like the GUI has not received the request. Sometimes I can kick it back in to life by refreshing the IE page but often not.

Has anyone else experienced this?

I am running the latest VSA 6.5 , Windows 8.1 with IE 11. I am running IE as it handles the certificates for the VCSA from our internal CA.

Anyone else with this issue?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
msripada
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Hello WallaceTechUK,

I wanted to know if the migrate option is grayed out or were you able to click on migrate?

If migrate option is grayed out or cannot click on the icon, can you click on the arrow on the top of the webclient (below is the screenshot) and then try the same step.

pastedImage_0.png

Let me know if that works. I have seen that the webclient takes sometime to refresh or reload the content unlike the vsphere c# client.

Thanks,

MS

0 Kudos
adamjg
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

The VMs need to be in the same resource pool and in the same power state (on vs. off) in order for this to work.

0 Kudos
msripada
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Is that the error message you are facing when you are trying to migrate?

Can you share the screenshot

Thanks,

MS

0 Kudos