VMware Cloud Community
martinwillb
Contributor
Contributor

VC KEEPS DISCONNECTING FROM THE HOST...WHY?

I keep posting this question and I see that this is a hard question to answer. I am using a trial version of VC (was happy with it). I have 30days left until the trial expires. It was working fine about a week ago. We had no network changes(no port changes, no IP changes, nothing) no changes at all. Has anyone experienced this problem where VC just drops you connection to the hosts? Everytime I start and stop the service, then reconnect, 2 min later or less it disconnects. Is there a none bug in VC 2.5.0? Should I be using 2.0? Our ESX servers are versions 3.5 and 3.0. Are there services on windows that should not be running (my VC host is an XP box)? Can anyone tell me why this very expensive software is disconnecting?

Thanks

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Champagne
Contributor
Contributor

Are you seeing anything unusual in the VC logs? Is license logging showing any issues? Have you done any other changes such as increases to number of LUNs? Also, if you connect to only one host at a time, let me know if the disconnect still occurs after 2 minutes in both cases.

Gary

0 Kudos
NeXraD88
Contributor
Contributor

I am having the same problem, I connect to trial VCenter (all ver 4) ESXi host unlimited free version. I select connect then it connects about 60 seconds or so. The actual ESXi networking is functional and the Guests running on it are not affected. The only problem is the connection from vcenter to the esxi host. It joined the password is fine, it just will not stay connected. The ESXi Host itself is always up. The network connections are different though and the subnets change.

0 Kudos
NeXraD88
Contributor
Contributor

I fixed my bug I had to allow UDP 902 and then it began to work just like it should have! Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
mmorgan
Contributor
Contributor

NeXra,

Where did you enable it exactly? I am having the same issue with vSphere essentials plus. The vCenter is running on a win2k3 VM on the ESXi4 host it is trying to stay connected to. Connection drops every two minutes or so, no firewall is enabled on the win2k3 VM.

Regards,

mike

0 Kudos
NeXraD88
Contributor
Contributor

Please read this it is ok from how I understand to run it in a VM only it does recommend turning off DRS.

0 Kudos
mgilkey
Contributor
Contributor

I was having the same issue. I was running VC on Windows 2008. It worked great for about 3 days, and then after the weekend, my hosts kept getting disconnected. I disabled windows firewall on the server that is running virtual center, and now it works great. Try that. It worked for me.

0 Kudos
NeXraD88
Contributor
Contributor

hi Mike, we had to allow UDP 902 in our network Firewalls not on our servers after we allowed this it worked great. Please talk to your network administrators and see if this is open for your VC to function correctly.

0 Kudos