VMware Cloud Community
TheTechie
Contributor
Contributor

Standard Acceleration Kit vCenter host or CPU limit?

Hi, I'm looking to upgrade from Essential Acceleration kit to Standard Acceleration Kit. I noticed that while Essential had 3 Hosts (2 CPU each) limit in vCenter the Standard has 8 CPU.

The Essential vCenter prevented me from adding more then 3 hosts with no way to buy additional hosts support. Does the standard acceleration kit vCenter limit the number of Hosts/CPU as well or could I purchase additiional CPU liceses and add as many Hosts as I want?

For example can I have 1 vCenter using license from Standard Acceleration Kit and have it manage 6 Hosts (2 CPU each), assuming I purchase 4 additional Standard CPU licenses?

Also is there any limitation in vCenter using an acceleration kit license vs. buying without a acceleration kit?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

The Standard Acceleration Kit (opposed to the Essentials Kits) has no limitations regarding the number of manageable hosts (except for the supported maximum of 1000 host per vCenter Server). In addition to this you can also use hosts with more than 2 CPUs. The Acceleration kits are basically starter kits which can be expanded with additional CPU licenses.

André

0 Kudos
MuhammadBilal1
Contributor
Contributor

As you said there are no limitations on hosts in the acceleration kit so is there any vmware official document/link where I can see it.

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

You can find the information in https://www.vmware.com/content/dam/digitalmarketing/vmware/en/pdf/products/vsphere/vmware-vsphere-pr...

André

PS: You are welcome to create new discussion. No need to reply to a >10 years old one.

0 Kudos