VMware Cloud Community
unsichtbare
Expert
Expert

Odd issue with VCSA and the Windows C# client - authentication

I have built side-by-side Windows and VCSA vCenter 6. Both VMs are joined to the domain. Both vCenters have the domain added as an identity source. My User Group is added with the Role of Administrator in Global Permissions to both vCenters

Using the Web-Client, I can successfully Use Windows session authentication option for both vCenters and get logged-in to the web-client fine. The username appears in the form: DOMAIN\user

Using the C# Client, , I can successfully Use Windows session credentials option for the Windows vCenter but not the VCSA . THe VCSA returns: "Error Connecting" "A general system error occurred: Cannot get user info"  The username appears in the form: DOMAIN\user

Using the C# Client, I can logon with AD credentials to VCSA, but only in the form: user@domain.com

Any ideas?

+The Invisible Admin+ If you find me useful, follow my blog: http://johnborhek.com/
0 Kudos
1 Reply
mjpagan
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I've seen exactly what you're taking about in a brand new deployed VCSA (5.5).  DOMAIN\username didn't work but username@DOMAIN.LOCAL works.  Odd to say the least.  I'll let you know if I find a fix.

Mike Pagán MCITP:EA, MCSE, VCAP5-DCA, VCAP5-DCD,VCP 5, VCP5-DT, CCNA, A+
0 Kudos