VMware Cloud Community
abaum
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Hosts show disconnected

All - for some reason two of my hosts (a complete HA cluster), and their guests, show disconnected. I upgraded to VC2.5 a few weeks ago and went through the process of upgrading the agents so I am not sure if that is the problem. Just for grins, I rebooted my VC server and it went through the process of reinstalling the agents on the affected servers. I can not rightclick and Connect. I go through the process and got back a msg stating "Unable to access the specified host. It eother does not exist, the server software is not responding, or there is a network problem".

All guest are running and I can SSH into the hosts. The hosts can also vmkping each other. I've also restarted the mgmt service on the hosts without any luck.

Any ideas?

adam

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

You could try to manually reinstall the agents and see if you have any luck with that. Link below details the process on how to manually install the agent.

If you found this or any other post helpful please consider the use of the Helpfull/Correct buttons to award points

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Check you VC server and see if it can ping the service console either by IP and/or FQDN - sounds like there is a problem with networking to your VC server. Are you managing any other hosts with this VC server and if so are they ok?

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
0 Kudos
abaum
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Pings them just fine and yes, I can manage my other hosts without problems.

Here's my VC log file.

adam

0 Kudos
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

You could try to manually reinstall the agents and see if you have any luck with that. Link below details the process on how to manually install the agent.

If you found this or any other post helpful please consider the use of the Helpfull/Correct buttons to award points

0 Kudos
abaum
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

The tip worked out pretty well. I could not run the vpxa command, but I followed the two restart commands. I wasn't doing a vpxa restart, just a mgmt restart. Must have been the vpxa that was kaplooey. Thanks

adam

0 Kudos