VMware Cloud Community
flaurijssens
Contributor
Contributor

Datastore browser - user-defined breakpoint

Sometimes, when I try to transfer a file using VC2.5's datastore browser, the transfer fails with 'VpxClient has encountered a user-defined breakpoint'. After the error, VC closes. If I restart VC, file transfer works again.

Has anyone seen this before? Ths is the 2nd VC installation (different site, different company). Exact version of both client and server is 2.5.0 - 84767, the client is running on a different machine.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
14 Replies
kjb007
Immortal
Immortal

What is your timeout in the vc client? It should be a couple of minutes by default. Move that up and see if your problem goes away.

-KjB

vExpert/VCP/VCAP vmwise.com / @vmwise -KjB
0 Kudos
flaurijssens
Contributor
Contributor

I'll try your suggestion, though the problem turns up right away.

0 Kudos
ski-vt
Contributor
Contributor

Same thing happening here too, "VpxClient has encountered a user-defined breakpoint". I'm using VI client 2.5 (b84767). For me it happens everytime though, I'm unable to download anything. Setting the timeout value did not make a difference.

Right after I select a location to save the file to and click OK, a VI client download dialog box appears and crashes immediately.

Message was edited by: ski-vt, add more info

0 Kudos
flaurijssens
Contributor
Contributor

It appears we're the only ones having this problem?

0 Kudos
RonTom
Contributor
Contributor

Well, I'm having the same problem. I solved it by uninstalling and installing the VI client (not repair), but the problem keeps coming back. Has anyone found the caus of this error?

0 Kudos
MRbennett
Contributor
Contributor

I am also having this problem. I am using Vi Client 2.5.0 Build 81946 and the host is ESX Server 3i Version 3.5.0 Build 82664. I happened when I was trying to put an ISO in the root of a datastore.

After restarting Vi Client and creating a new subfolder to upload into, I was able to do it.

0 Kudos
Martin_Norrsken
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I am now getting this error in vCenter 4 when trying to upload an ISO.. creating a new folder to upload to did not work either.

It only worked when I connected directly to a host instead of vCenter.

/Martin

0 Kudos
charliehawkins
Contributor
Contributor

Here is the deal. I'm have the exact same issue. When uploading a new .iso to the datastore - VpxClient has encoutered a user-defined breakpoint

I then choose Close the program.

Then the next message appears - VMware Infrastructure Client unrecoverable erro: (app-3516)

i cannot find anyone else with this problem. any notes/suggestions/answers from anyone would be really groovy!

Thanks.

Message was edited by: charliehawkins corrected error images.

0 Kudos
kylog
Contributor
Contributor

I have exactly this problem too. Immediately after attempting to upload any file. vSphere client is running on Win7 and reports version 4.0.0 build 208111.

Any help appreciated.

0 Kudos
jmoraatopp
Contributor
Contributor

I am having the same issue on 2 of my Windows 7 desktops. On my Windows XP virtual desktop it runs fine and I am able to download and upload VM folders and files. Does anyone know if Vcenter build 208111 was made for Windows 7.

Try running it on XP and see if it works, I am curious to see.

0 Kudos
HandiRidwan2011
Contributor
Contributor

I have same problem before when I'm using Windows 7. I do install VI Client into Windows XP than everything going fine. :smileylaugh: 

0 Kudos
wantastic
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there,

I've had the same problem - Windows 7 x64 in my case. If you close the VI Client and re-open it as administrator the problem appears to go away.

I suspect the user defined breakpoint is something left in the code by one of the developers during testing, and made it past through to release.

0 Kudos
schlipac
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I had this error also if a VM is attempted to be registered on a Cluster of hosts that do not have access to the LUN that the VM is on. The fix is to register the VM on a cluster that has storage visibility to the VM LUN.

0 Kudos
Biohive
Contributor
Contributor

I had this breakpoint error while uploading a file from a USB flash drive, after coping the file to a local disk the upload worked without error.  I am using Infrastructure Client 2.5 without any patches.

0 Kudos