VMware Workspace ONE Community
deangagne
Contributor
Contributor

iOS camera

I am looking to manage the camera settings on my iOS devices. The settings I want to manage are camera mode (want t set to square), have it preserve the camera mode and live photo settings (though that may not be necessary if the other settings can be managed) and the image format (would like it set for most compatible, not High Efficiency).

Is it possible to manage these settings through Airwatch?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
RG88
Contributor
Contributor

hi, did you find a solution for this? i am trying to do the something similar but just want to set jpeg as default camera format.

mukit
Contributor
Contributor

I'm also looking for a solution to this.  We have users uploading pictures from their iPhone to OneDrive and then trying to open on Windows 10 device and Windows doesn't have the proper codec installed.  We then have to purchase a license to the HEVC Windows Store application in order for the user to view the heic file. 

Ideally we could change the camera setting to from High Efficiency to Most Compatible from Workspace ONE UEM.

0 Kudos
_Steven
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi,

Unfortunately, Apple doesn't provide managed settings for the Camera app. You'll have to use a 3rd party camera app that can accept AppConfig (if any).

Please see all available MDM payload settings for iPhone and iPad here : https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/deployment/depdca795ebd/web

Steven

0 Kudos