VMware Workspace ONE Community
josefdi
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Network Range in VIDM

My environment consists of VIDM 2.8 and access points. Internal connections works fine if i specify the view connection server fqdn as client URL in the network range..but external connection fail with unable to resolve hostname ( understandable as it cannot resolve the internal connection server from the internet). External connections goes through if i specify the access point as the client URL.

My issue is how to segregate the external network range .What should be the external IP range .. My internal range is 10.0.01 to 10.255.255.254.. I tried different options, but couldn make it work. Any pointers please.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
pbjork
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

It should not break the internal.. I'm running 2.8 and it works for me.. Attached is my configuration..

My LAN looks a little funny but it is simply because all my internal clients are NAT:ed via a firewall.. Therefore they all access vIDM using one and the same IP..

View solution in original post

9 Replies
pbjork
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

You must create different network segments in vIDM. All Ranges typically covers Internet users. So create one representing your LAN or LANs. Then for each you specify the correct View Client Access URL.

0 Kudos
pbjork
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Obviously vIDM must see the correct IP of the clients.. This is most often done by using X-Forwarded-For.. But you can verify by logging in to vIDM from internal and then external. Look in the Reports - Recent Activity and then logins.

Click on the event for your login for internal and external.. The source IP should indicate network ranges..

0 Kudos
josefdi
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

external  works only if I use the default range 0.0.0.0 to 255.255.255.255 and point it to the access point URL which is accessible from internet, but it breaks the internal acess.

internal only works if pointed to the connection server URL.

I did did go through the reports and added a couple of networks other than the 10.0.0.0 subnet , but still no joy externally

0 Kudos
pbjork
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

It should not break the internal.. I'm running 2.8 and it works for me.. Attached is my configuration..

My LAN looks a little funny but it is simply because all my internal clients are NAT:ed via a firewall.. Therefore they all access vIDM using one and the same IP..

josefdi
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

My config  looks the same... except that I edited the default and changed it to reflect only the internal range ( 10.0.0.1 to 10.255.255.254) .. I then created another range for external & included relevant policies..

i will now remove everything and create the default for external and one for internal.. Will update. Tks

0 Kudos
josefdi
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

It is working now. I just removed all and created new ranges as you showed.. first for the default and then the internal. I did have the same setting earlier but in wrong order.

Thanks.

pbjork
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Glad it's sorted now..

0 Kudos
mrbungle22
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hello, I'm having trouble adding the load balanced URL as the View Pod URL when enabling view pods. It will only accept one of the connection servers FQDN...Were you able to work around this?

0 Kudos
pbjork
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Since your question is related to a different issue.  Please start a new thread and I'm happy to help you.

0 Kudos