VMware Workspace ONE Community
chengtmskcc
Expert
Expert

'Mail Privacy Protection' options upon launching the native mail app on iOS 15

• There are two choices: Protect Mail activity and Don't protect Mail activity. Which one is recommended when accessing corporate email including both on-premises and hosted mailboxes with Microsoft?
  • Is there any existing or future setting within any payload that will allow the administrator to manage this setting?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
OAshby
Contributor
Contributor

Was this one answered? I'm looking for some way of setting this administratively from the console.

0 Kudos
somemdm
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

it's interesting that Apple have iCloud Private Relay as part of the updated MDM restrictions reference but not Hide My Email: Restrictions | Apple Developer Documentation

Maybe you could configure Custom Settings in your iOS Restrictions profile and set allowCloudPrivateRelay to false and see if it encompasses Hide My Email as well.

EDIT: Got Hide my Email mixed up with the Mail Privacy Protection (MPP) which might proxy your mail app connectivity to your SEG - I wouldn't do that with enterprise mail. But the above might still help with controlling MPP from the console.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
chengtmskcc
Expert
Expert

Is anyone else struggling to manage this setting? This might be okay for BYOD/COPE devices, it's terrible for COBO devices since you may not necessarily sign into the same device and thus you will be prompted every single time.

0 Kudos