VMware Workspace ONE Community
DSK92
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Launcher continues to ask for login credentials

Hi

Our goal is to enroll android 10.0 scanners into UEM using staged users, with the aim of reducing the need for manual intervention.

However, we are encountering an issue where both the HUB and Launcher are prompting for login credentials despite having provided them during the enrollment configuration for staging.

In our current setup we have added a basic staging user with the following:

DSK92_0-1678721118877.png

We have created a profile with multi-app Launcher mode. Everything else is default.

For enrollment configuration we have the following:

DSK92_1-1678721456762.png

I'd appreciate some guidance regarding zero-touch enrollment and staging as it is not my area of expertise.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
_Steven
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi,

A "Multi User Devices" staging user is used when you need to enroll a device that will be shared by multiple user accounts. When using Launcher, devices are first enrolled to the staging account and are waiting for the next user to log-in. Once the user is logged-in, the device is being assigned to this user until this user log-out of Launcher. The device then goes back to the Launcher login screen and is reassigned to the staging user until the next user log-in etc...

Here is my understanding of your use case : You want all your devices to be enrolled with the same user and they will all share this same user in Launcher / Hub. In this case, just use a regular user which is not flagged for device staging (so disable "Enable Device Staging" for this user).

The other scenario would be to actually use a "Single User Devices" staging user and have the person in charge of the deployment to enter the name of the final end-user to be assigned to the device during the enrollment process (no password of the user is required). This way, your devices are not all tied to 1 user and have their own user.

Hope this helped.

Steven

0 Kudos
DSK92
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi Steven.

Thank you for replying to this thread. We'll use both Single User and Multi User in our setup, depending on location.

We have an ongoing SR with VMware and we're looking into multiple difficulties we're experiencing with the Launcher.

I was not aware that you could stage enroll a device with "Enable Device Staging" disabled.

We'd also be much interested in getting rid of the password field. Unfortunately this does not seem a possibility since we have enabled enrollment for multiple directories.

0 Kudos
_Steven
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi,

If you have multiple locations with a different use case each, split them in Organization Groups so you can configure enrollment and staging depending on these use cases.

You can definitely get rid of the password field during enrollment by using either a Single User Device staging user (you'll be prompted for final username but not for this user's password) or by using a standard user (credentials have to be defined in the enrollment QR code).

Steven

0 Kudos