VMware Workspace ONE Community
Mtveri
Contributor
Contributor

Hub 21.09 Unable to remove restriction profile on Android 11

Hi, since hub 21.09 was released i have a problem with removing restriction profile on Android 11 devices. When I'm trying to remove profile from console or from device using hub - nothing happens. However when checking profile on device I recive "Installation failed" message. Trying to reapply profile ends with hub crash. The same restriction profile works fine with previous hub versions. Also profile status in console is Installed.

Any idea what could be wrong?

Console: on-prem 2008, but also checked on 2105. Both with latest patch.
Devices: Samsung
Hub has new scope storage permission granted.

In hub logs only thing that seems to be wrong is: AirWatch|GoogleProfileGroup: Could not apply profile Android for work restrictions:com.airwatch.android.androidwork.restrictions:<seed>||java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: location_mode is deprecated. Please use setLocationEnabled() instead.

Labels (1)
7 Replies
SEBGR44
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hello

Same thing since the release of the customer hub on October 25,

Regards

0 Kudos
JeanNoelGELIS
Contributor
Contributor

Spoiler
Same problem here, no solutions found 😕
0 Kudos
Gemella1
Contributor
Contributor

Same problem here, "Profile Installation Failed" in the restrictions profile after hub update.

0 Kudos
AlexanderMuc
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

This is a bug in Hub 21.09 that will be fixed in Hub 21.10. Unfortunately, Hub 21.10 is currently still in beta.

• AAGNT-193687: Restrictions profiles not being removed from Android devices on 21.09 Hub
ejRamirez
Contributor
Contributor

Does anyone know of any RSS feed we can subscribe to so we can keep tabs on this issue? I need to be able to provide constant updates to my upper management. As this issue has impacted some device deployments, because we can't push out full restrictions, or remove them. that is if our restrictions profile don't fail to install.

We have been given temporary work-arounds. But would like to know when to expect a new release, or any other news on the issues with 21.09.

0 Kudos
AlexanderMuc
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

In the past there were email subscriptions for various AirWatch topics. However, these have been retired and the Knowledge Base / Known Issues are not maintained for "small" bugs like this.

Those who need a better overview of new app versions should join the beta program.
Depending on the app (e.g. Boxer and Hub), the info on fixed bugs and new features is quite okay and you can report bugs directly in the beta phase.
If you follow the different beta projects, you will get an email notification for new beta versions and when a beta goes live.

https://beta-ea.vmware.com/key/GETBETA

AlexanderMuc
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hub version 21.10.0.24 has been released and is currently being distributed via the PlayStore.
Restriction profiles can be removed again with this version.