VMware Workspace ONE Community
LeandroRocha
Contributor
Contributor

How to automatize the removal of devices or peripherals that didn't responded in X days?

Hello all,

The company I work for is still getting to know Airwatch and we are struggling to find some solutions. One of our actual issues is how to perform an automatic removal of devices which didn't connected for in 180 days or more. 

At the moment we have a few thousands of devices that we must delete, but doing it by hand is a bit non sense. Is there a way to do it through query/script? 

Thanks in advance, sorry for the dumb question.

Always learning
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
11 Replies
Afshin_Lak
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Do you have Compliance Policy "Device Last Seen" in place?

0 Kudos
KenSmithKenSmi1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Query, no. API script? Yes!

Not sure if you are SaaS or self hosted, but here is a link to the cn274 API explorer: https://cn274.awmdm.com/api/help/#!/apis

I have not completely automated this process yet, so I call it hybrid.

I filter Device / List View for the 180 day old devices I want to remove then export to CSV. I put the serial numbers from that export in a text file and loop through the list via script to delete each one in turn.

LeandroRocha
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks Ken, 

I'll study the documentation. Much appreciated.

We have a lot to learn around here... 

Always learning
0 Kudos
LeandroRocha
Contributor
Contributor

We have, but it doesn't affects the peripherals (which are the ones we want to get deleted). 

Would creating a policy like this help on deleting then all at once?

Always learning
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
KenSmithKenSmi1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

What sort of peripherals are you referring to? We have nothing but mobile devices enrolled in our instance so this is more of a curiosity.

0 Kudos
KenSmithKenSmi1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Before enabling a policy like this please please test it. For me, this sounded like a viable solution, but in reality it wasn't what I thought it was. Unless something has changed, "last seen" in this policy IS NOT the same as "last seen" in the UEM console device detail view.

Phil_Helmling
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Actually this is very simple with a Workspace ONE Intelligence automation. See attached example

LeandroRocha
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @KenSmithKenSmi1 ,

Peripherals are all mobile printers and barcode readers. Airwatch does a great work on managing it.

Always learning
0 Kudos
LeandroRocha
Contributor
Contributor

Is there any extra cost to use Workspace ONE Intelligence?

Always learning
0 Kudos
KenSmithKenSmi1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

There is for us, which is why I don't have it. I can't recall what they named the tiers but we have something like Success 360, and it does not include Intelligence beyond custom reporting.

0 Kudos
Phil_Helmling
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

I would speak with your VMware EUC rep and I'd suggest you need "Workspace ONE Risk Analytics Addon" which is listed here - https://www.vmware.com/content/dam/digitalmarketing/vmware/en/pdf/products/workspace-one/workspace-o...

0 Kudos