VMware Workspace ONE Community
ccorkrum
Contributor
Contributor

Horizon Workspace design questions

Hi, I'm looking for requirments of setting up Horizon Workspace. I've browsed several documents but not really finding what I'm looking for or it just isn't jumping out at me!

First, would/should I deploy the Horizon Workspace VMs in the DMZ?

Second, Integrating with Horizon View do I need View Security Servers in the DMZ or does one of the provided Horizon Workspace VMs take its place in the DMZ?

Third, I saw demos of seamless apps through Horizon Workspace and am wondering how these are provided (Windows Desktop OS or RDS on a Server)?

Forth, I plan to offer ThinApp packages and am wondering if they run in the same way an App-V package can run, from the remote device without pushing the package to an RDS server or View desktop.

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Reply
cstonimaatta
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

1. afaik horizon workspace servers should be all on same network (VLAN), all you need is open access to gateways

2. view design is different -- you don't need security servers for workspace to make view pools available

3. you can thinapp software, provider it to workspace and it can stream those applications to desktops -- if you meant this

4. you can stream thinapp packages from network share

0 Kudos