VMware Workspace ONE Community
redbaron28
Contributor
Contributor

Domain users unable to login to Workspace one (Cloud hosted)

Hi there!

I recently got access to VMwareTestDrive and been setting up the sandbox Identity Manger and Work-space one UEM etc. I have followed many guides on how to set it all up. I have got all three components calling with each other. Air-watch work-space UEM and Identity Manger. I have connected them with my AD domain and can sync successfully.

But my problem is when I select my domain in the login prompts and try to login using a domain account is fails with incorrect username or password. I can confirm a have verified I am using the correct passwords and have created a few test accounts and all act in the same way. If I use the System Domain which is default works just fine. I am not sure if I am missing a step or if I am thinking in the wrong direction.

If any information is needed please let me know what you need.

I am new to cloud connecting so the more information you can give me I greatly appreciate it!

Thanks

-Jon

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Anandakrishnan
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hey Jon,

Are you using any connector for AD authentication.. ?

Like cloud connector or VIDM connector ? Also confirm is your authentication go through UEM or WS1 ?

0 Kudos
LSIMM
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi Jon,

I had the same issue with my testing.

I had Active Directory Basic sync setup within UEM, so all the our domain users were syncing to WS ONE but when I selected the domain upon login it would always fail.  I then edited the default policy in WS ONE so that all devices would authenticate using Airwatch auth first, then local directory as fall back.  I was doing a lot of tweaking at the time, so there is a small chance something else I did resolved it but I am fairly sure this was the fix.

Regards, Leo

0 Kudos
Andyiles87
Contributor
Contributor

Hi. I’m having this exact problem whilst setting up item for a customer. Did you ever understand which setting you tweeted to get it working? 

All the inbuilt tests show my users are syncing correctly with the cloud connector however when attempting to log in to the SSP or enrol i get an incorrect details error.

This is with SAML disabled, so I think the issue has to be within the UEM configuration somewhere

thanks

andy

0 Kudos