VMware Workspace ONE Community
phongshader
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

CylancePROTECT App uninstall failing

Both of these commands, msiexec /uninstall CylancePROTECT_x64.msi UNINSTALLKEY="------" and msiexec /x CylancePROTECT_x64.msi UNINSTALLKEY="-----", are failing with this error:

cylance

Cylance was pushed out to these windows endpoints through Native Apps and the above commands were added to the uninstall command.

Screen Shot 2020-10-19 at 10.19.23 AM.png

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AaronWhittaker
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

For uninstalls I always use /x and the GUID instead of the MSI name. The MSI name requires you to know where the file is whereas the GUID does not.

My suggestion is to install it on a device, find it in the registry (HKLM\SOFWATE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall and its WOW6432NODE equivalent) and look at the uninstall string there. That should tell you the GUID to use. If it doesn't, then you can use an application like Orca or InstEd to read the MSI and find the code in there. That should then work.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
phongshader
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

missing error message

cylance.PNG

0 Kudos
AaronWhittaker
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

For uninstalls I always use /x and the GUID instead of the MSI name. The MSI name requires you to know where the file is whereas the GUID does not.

My suggestion is to install it on a device, find it in the registry (HKLM\SOFWATE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall and its WOW6432NODE equivalent) and look at the uninstall string there. That should tell you the GUID to use. If it doesn't, then you can use an application like Orca or InstEd to read the MSI and find the code in there. That should then work.

0 Kudos