VMware Workspace ONE Community
DSK92
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Assignment groups empty when pushing internal apps

When trying to push internal apps to a smart group, the preview for assigned devices is empty although we have multiple devices in our group. Apps won't get installed even if we force installation. There are no issues for public apps.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AntonThirifays
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hey,

Regarding your internal app, if it is on iOS, can you confirm that you don't have any allow list for the app to be installed on specific devices only ? I'm no dev expert but i think it's in the plist file or something ?

Did you import a .ipa or did you link your Apple Business Manager to distribute the custom app that way ? ( = is it an internal app or a VPP app ? )

0 Kudos
AntonThirifays
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Is the certificate with which app was signed still valid ? Is the Apple Business Developer account alive and well ?

When in app > internal app : how much devices do you see it assigned to ?

0 Kudos
DSK92
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi. These are internal apps (.apk) for Android. 

I have different groups e.g. Group A, B and C. Beside being different groups, the settings are all the same.

Yet I might be able to push apps to Group A but not on B and C. My workaround has been removing the internal app assignment and create a new one. This would sometimes allow me to push the apps on the other groups. It could also leave a group out that worked before. Not sure. This is strange.

0 Kudos
AntonThirifays
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hey,

If the setup is identical regarding the assignment, why don't you put groups A B and C as different recipients of the assignment ?

1 assignment on different group vs 3 assignments on individual groups

Same scenario in that case ?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos