VMware Workspace ONE Community
Ali_Irfan
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Android Auto Launch Failure

Hi Folks,

I am focused on to auto-launch my Android app after installation when deployed from Workspace One.

I am adding a Run Intent in Files/Action - Install with the appropriate installation manifest to start my splash activity, I have also added a product with a properly configured manifest to trigger Install Action. But still no success.

Is there something I am missing, any kind of help is appreciated. Thanks

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Ali_Irfan
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

@callmegibby Sure, here is the manifest command: 

mode=explicit,broadcast=false,action=android.intent.action.MAIN,package=com.example.myActivity,class=com.example.myClass.myActivity

I have replaced the package & class name with sample values here.

UPDATE: After a few tries I was able to get a Product Compliance Failure Log, screenshot is attached below: 

Ali_Irfan_0-1689007082595.png

Could it be that this Product Provisioning feature is only supported for fully managed Android devices, as my deployment is on Profile Owner / Work Profile mode? Or am I missing something.

Thanks

View solution in original post

callmegibby
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Found this article, seems like it's not supported for COPE or profile Owner mode. I currently use Work Managed devices with all my fleet and have NOT run into this issue:

https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-Workspace-ONE-UEM/services/ProdProv_All/GUID-2E2A7E26-F46A-43D7-90...

Supported Devices, OS, and Agents, Product Provisioning

The product provisioning functionality in Workspace ONE UEM supports different devices and operating systems. The available functionality changes based on the supported rugged device.

Workspace ONE UEM supports product provisioning for devices with the following operating systems.

Android

• Android Legacy devices running Android 5.0 and later with Workspace ONE Intelligent Hub.
  • Android Enterprise Work Managed devices running Workspace ONE Intelligent Hub.
  • macOS 10.7 Lion+ devices:

View solution in original post

4 Replies
callmegibby
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Could you share your manifest?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Ali_Irfan
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

@callmegibby Sure, here is the manifest command: 

mode=explicit,broadcast=false,action=android.intent.action.MAIN,package=com.example.myActivity,class=com.example.myClass.myActivity

I have replaced the package & class name with sample values here.

UPDATE: After a few tries I was able to get a Product Compliance Failure Log, screenshot is attached below: 

Ali_Irfan_0-1689007082595.png

Could it be that this Product Provisioning feature is only supported for fully managed Android devices, as my deployment is on Profile Owner / Work Profile mode? Or am I missing something.

Thanks

callmegibby
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Found this article, seems like it's not supported for COPE or profile Owner mode. I currently use Work Managed devices with all my fleet and have NOT run into this issue:

https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-Workspace-ONE-UEM/services/ProdProv_All/GUID-2E2A7E26-F46A-43D7-90...

Supported Devices, OS, and Agents, Product Provisioning

The product provisioning functionality in Workspace ONE UEM supports different devices and operating systems. The available functionality changes based on the supported rugged device.

Workspace ONE UEM supports product provisioning for devices with the following operating systems.

Android

• Android Legacy devices running Android 5.0 and later with Workspace ONE Intelligent Hub.
  • Android Enterprise Work Managed devices running Workspace ONE Intelligent Hub.
  • macOS 10.7 Lion+ devices:
Ali_Irfan
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Yes, thanks for the info.

Let me try on the Work Managed device.

0 Kudos