VMware Cloud Community
piyush987
Contributor
Contributor

vSphere Web client Mouse not working on Windows 10 VM

Hello,

I have an ESXi 7.0 Free Server and use vSphere Web Client for managing it.

Yesterday, I did my first install of a Windows 10 VM on this ESXi server. But due to some reason I'm not able to get the mouse pointer to work. Left Click, Right Click and Scrolling works. As soon as I move the mouse pointer inside the Browser Console Window of the VM, the pointer disappears. Even clicking inside the window doesn't help.

Additionally I found the VMware Tools are not installed on the VM. If I attempt to do using Actions=>Guest OS=>Install VMware Tools option, the menu item changes to "Unmount VMware Tools" for some time, but then changes back to "Install VMware Tools". This means that VMware Tools are not being installed.

I read some articles on USB controllers, so added controller for USB 3.0. Inside the Windows VM, tried uninstalling all Mouse devices in Device Manager and rebooted, but no success.

I created the VM with compatibility for "ESXi 7.0 U2 Virtual Machine". Below are the settings of VM:

piyush987_0-1664968241516.png

I barely managed to get RDP working using a lot effort using Keyboard tricks. But need the Browser Console also to be working just in case.

Any pointers on how to fix this?

Thanks,

Piyush

0 Kudos
0 Replies