VMware Cloud Community
ab_lal
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Query regarding Connect at power on....

For windows 2003 VM; we dont want the VM to come on the network and hence we have deselected 'Connect at power on' however the 'subnet' is selected.

Once the VM is powered on, Windows starts acquiring the network settings and automatically connects to the network which i guess, it should not have happened.. I have not replicated the same but will try later on a devp VM.

In the meantime, has anyone faced a similar issue...

Regards

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcelo_soares
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

If you deselect the "Connect at power on" the VM will never connect until you check the "connected" option on the correspondent NIC.

If you can reproduce the fact please let us know.

Marcelo Soares

VMWare Certified Professional 310/410

Virtualization Tech Master

Globant Argentina

Consider awarding points for "helpful" and/or "correct" answers.

Marcelo Soares

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AndreTheGiant
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Which virtualization product are you using?

On ESX I'm sure that when you disconnect the vNIC the "virtual cable" appear disconnected.

Andre

Andrew | http://about.me/amauro | http://vinfrastructure.it/ | @Andrea_Mauro
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Andre's description is correct for ESX/ESXi - with the vNIC disconnected the guest O/S will see it as the Cable unplugged -

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
marcelo_soares
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

If you deselect the "Connect at power on" the VM will never connect until you check the "connected" option on the correspondent NIC.

If you can reproduce the fact please let us know.

Marcelo Soares

VMWare Certified Professional 310/410

Virtualization Tech Master

Globant Argentina

Consider awarding points for "helpful" and/or "correct" answers.

Marcelo Soares
0 Kudos
ab_lal
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks for your inputs.

I could not reproduce the fact... Lesson learnt, I should have been more careful which selecting or deselecting network links.

0 Kudos