VMware Cloud Community
MikeUNS
Contributor
Contributor

Can I install VMWARE player on a Windows SBS 2008 BOX?

Hello all,

Has somebody already tried to install Vmware player on SBS 2008? Is it compatible?

One of my customers wants to have a terminal machine (VM) located on a central point (SBS2008). As it's a little company he would like to minimize costs.

Thanks for your feedback,

Mike

0 Kudos
2 Replies
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal

Welcome to the Forums - Ye syou should be able to install player ontop od Windows SBS 2008

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
0 Kudos
MikeUNS
Contributor
Contributor

Hello David,

Thanks for your post.

As Windows SBS 2008 is a big black box and it doesn't like changes, I was not sure that installing vmware on a server that has its own virtualization platefrom (Hyper-V) was the best idea.

Before posting this question, I had a look in this document:

Guest/Host OS Compatibility Guide (http://www.vmware.com/resources/compatibility/pdf/VMware_OS_Compatibility_Guide.pdf)

And of course Smiley Sad I didn't find any information about Windows SBS 2008 hosting vmware solutions.

So, my conclusion was that this solution is not supported neither by Vmware or Microsoft...

Do you agree with my point of view or I'm completely wrong?

Thanks for your reply.

Mike

0 Kudos