VMware {code} Community
ayrus
Contributor
Contributor

cannot connect to host

Hi

I ve been working with VDDK programming API for the past couple of weeks. I encounter the following error when i am trying to connect the the managed disk on the esx server from another VM running on the same esx.

I issued the following command in windows xp: vixDiskLibSample.exe -info -host <host ip> -user root -password "1234" "[Storage1]/test/test.vmdk"

It worked fine with some warnings. like "host certificate chain is not complete" failed to read registry value .

"certificate verification is disabled so connection will proceed despite the error". And it showed the disk info .

I tried the same command in my ubuntu linux. (which is actually a VM in the same esx)

./vix-dislib-sample -info -host <host ip> -user root -password "1234" "[Storage1]/test/test.vmdk"

Getting the following error.

• INFO: VixDiskLibVim: TicketLogin

• (process:6770): WARNING **: VixDiskLibVim: Login failure - VixError = 0.

Error: 4650 Cannot connect to host

PLZ HELP ME TO GET OUT OF THIS.

Thanx in advance.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Can you please make sure the libraries that are loaded are from vddk, (you can set LD_LIBRARY_PATH to /lib/vmware-vix-disklib/lib{32|64} )?

Thanks

Sudarsan

0 Kudos
ayrus
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

Everything set in LD_LIBRARY_PATH . Infact I can see the info of hosted disk (local disk). But wen i try to get info abt remote disk . it shows that error. Works perfectly fine in windows. 😮

Thanks in advance.

Surya

0 Kudos