VMware {code} Community
garimaa12aug
Contributor
Contributor

Issue with HotAdd Transport Mode for Remote VMDK Access

I am trying to access remote VMDK using VDDK via hotadd transport mode but  it seems that the system consistently falls back to utilizing the NBD internally, rather than successfully utilizing the HotAdd transport mode as intended.

Below are the logs for the query. We have initialised the required values for VixDiskLib_InitEx() including libdir which points to lib64. Also after using VixDiskLib_ListTransportModes() we get the output as file:nbdssl:nbd. How do we enable VDDK to work for advanced transports. Are there any additional prerequisites or virtual machine configurations that might be required to enable the successful use of the HotAdd transport mode for remote VMDK access?

Any insights, suggestions, or troubleshooting steps will be of great help.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
sluge
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

You problem is

VixDiskLib: Advanced transport module not loaded.

Put libdiskLibPlugin.so to the lib64 subfolder of your vmware lib folder 

himanshup
Contributor
Contributor

I am also facing similar issue on windows platform.

info : VIX: OBJLIB-LIB: Objlib initialized.
info : VIX: VixDiskLib: Attempting to locate advanced transport module in "\executable-path\/vix".
info : VIX: VixDiskLib: Could not load default plugins from \executable-path\/vix\bin\disklibplugin.dll: Cannot open library: The specified module could not be found.
info : VIX: VixDiskLib: Advanced transport module not loaded.
info : VIX: VixDiskLib: Using transport modes from DiskLib: file:nbdssl:nbd.
info : VIX: VMware VixDiskLib (6.7) Release build-10362358

in my case disklibplugin.dll is copied into the same directory as main executable. did the solution mentioned here worked for you?

Do I also need to create lib64 and copy dlls there rather than current directory? 

0 Kudos
sluge
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Unfortunatelty I don't know becaue I don't have windows. 

Just try and check logs)

0 Kudos
garimaa12aug
Contributor
Contributor

Thankyou!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos