VMware Cloud Community
Bluedigit_Infor
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

vsphere essential change license

Good morning to all.

This is my first post in VMware costellation, I apologize for any error (netiquette e/o more).

I need an answer to a question that no AI was able to.

I've one host vsphere ESXi with vsphere 7.0 essential. This host is on production with some VM

I need to add another host (a twin of first) and put these two under HA.

I bought a vsphere 7.0 essential PLUS license.

My question is:   If I put the key  of essential PLUS into the first host,  this became essential PLUS with HA powers or not?

The vcentre server VM is not yet implemented.

thank's for every reply,   bye

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IRIX201110141
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

To answer your question...  yes the host get Ess+ license features by changing the LIC during runtime without a reboot or anything else. All VMs keep running.

The other stuff is already told by Andre.

Note:  vSphere Essentials != vSphere Essentials Plus. The later one contains the HA feature.

Regards,
Joerg

View solution in original post

3 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

HA is a feature which restarts VM's in case of a host failure. For this to work, both hosts need to have access to the same storage (shared storage). In addition to this, HA gets configured through vCenter Server, so this is another requirement.

André

IRIX201110141
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

To answer your question...  yes the host get Ess+ license features by changing the LIC during runtime without a reboot or anything else. All VMs keep running.

The other stuff is already told by Andre.

Note:  vSphere Essentials != vSphere Essentials Plus. The later one contains the HA feature.

Regards,
Joerg

Bluedigit_Infor
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I' Sorry for extremely late thread partecipate.

The license Ess+ are correctly implemented over Ess host. The cluster are on production at least.

best regards and many thanks for support

0 Kudos