VMware Cloud Community
epretorious2
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

No ESXi Host Client?

• I've created three ESXi nodes. And I've installed the vCSA onto the first node.
  • I've configured a cluster in vCenter. And I've added all three hosts to the cluster.
  • I've not configured vSAN or any shared storage.
  • I've not created any guests besides the vCSA.

Now the ESXi Host Client of all three nodes have stopped allowing access. And no explanation is given when trying to log in.

What might be causing this? Is this configurable through the vCSA?

TIA,
Eric Pretorious
Reno, Nevada

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
epretorious2
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

ROOT CAUSE: The self-signed certificate of the ESXi host became stale in my browser.

This caused login attempts to fail.

CORRECTIVE ACTION: Refresh the login page in my desktop browser.

HTH,
Eric P.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Kris777
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

When you configure vCenter, there is an option to disable access through ESXi Host Client. Look for it in your vCenter configuration. It should be there, but I'm not sure.

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Lockdown Mode?

https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-vSphere/8.0/vsphere-security/GUID-88B24613-E8F9-40D2-B838-225F5FF4...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
epretorious2
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I've confirmed that Lockdown Mode is disabled during the process of adding the ESXi host to the vCSA host inventory...

Ideas? Suggestions?

TIA,
Eric P.

0 Kudos
epretorious2
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Using the DCUI: I was able to enable the ESXi shell and SSH on one of the hosts. And this seems to have enabled the ESXi Host Client.

However, on the other host: These same steps had no effect!

Ideas? Suggestions?

TIA,
Eric P.

0 Kudos
epretorious2
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

ROOT CAUSE: The self-signed certificate of the ESXi host became stale in my browser.

This caused login attempts to fail.

CORRECTIVE ACTION: Refresh the login page in my desktop browser.

HTH,
Eric P.

0 Kudos