VMware Cloud Community
continuum
Immortal
Immortal

Multipart Trickquestion: get 40 points or make it double

pssst ...

Dear reward point hunters - dont worry - this is not Quality Control Patrol.

Points are easy: get 40 points for 4 random links about VMFS 6 locks. Make it double if they rhyme or if they have Confirmed Kills.

If somebody asks : you have seen nothing ...

Crew: get ready - we will set up base here.

Mission will be launched as scheduled : Saturday night 23:47

Objective may be heavily guarded so we may have to use fierce and mean german attack poetry to stand a chance.

Please learn this 2 lines by heart:

Rhabarber, Rhabarber

Lass dein Haar herunter

until saturday night 21:00

Final rehearsals for attack poetry: 21:38 - 22:11

Bring your purple attack triangles

purpleattacktriangel.png

For stealth communication we will use ulli hankeln on Twitter: "Crew: - get ready - everything according to plan. Mission: steal 2 pages o...
Thats all for now - go to bed early - and make sure you are rested.

Everything is fine - nothing to be seen here ..

@ rewardpoint hunters:

can I have some random traffic now ?

Thanks

3 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

Man, you really need to limit yourself to only two Schnapps in the evening.

0 Kudos
continuum
Immortal
Immortal

Dont worry - you are safe. When you joined VMTN it was no longer toxic and only mildly infectious.

Worst thing that can happen in your case is starting to believe that you are doing something good here.

But I am sure you are smart enough and know that your enthusiasm is just part of the "how to operate a forum as cheap as possible" plan.

For me it started with an idea: I thought that running VMs using a minimal ramloading system that needs no harddisk installation and would run on almost any PC would be super cool.

Everybody told me that it would not work but I was stubborn ... After a year of work I finally made it and released a construction kit - a few years before VMware released ESXi ...

At that time VMTN was the place to meet folks that discussed exciting new things that could be done with VMs. If we needed help from an engineer we asked Petr who was as passionate as we were. Unfortunately for me that early years spirit was highly infectious and I never managed  to get rid of it.

Actually it got even worse ...

About 2011 or 2012 a big VMware customer in London had lost an important datastore.
VMware support had been onsite for 2 weeks with no results at all. When I had results after 3 hours the customer asked for a phone conference with 3 parties: customer, VMware support and me He wanted to hear why his expensive support contract and 2 weeks with paid support had no results at all.
Guess what happened: VMware support rescheduled the conference, rescheduled again and again and we realized that they would never show up and admit their failure.

I missread that incident and thought: wow - you must be doing surprisingly good work - sooner or later some company will hire you ...

Wrong ...

Now I am trying to find out how to fix a problem with VMFS 6 since some months. I only need a very small piece of information and hope to be able to fix the problem soon.

But I know that VMware Inc. will not publish or silently leak those bits - they rather let more customers loose their data than adjust their attitude.

For me offering phone and remote support appearing as a part of VMTN was a very expensive mistake and I cant afford to go on like this or I end up broke before the year is over.

So consider this as a last attempt to get into contact with VMware Inc. and get some support with helping their customers.

Other than that this thread is for entertainment only

Ulli

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

If you want my opinion (even though you didn't ask for it), you helped to create this situation. Your skills are highly specialized and extremely valuable, even if VMware hasn't recognized it themselves. The work you are able to perform is far too valuable to give away as often as you are summoned. I'd find a way to channel that into a pay-per-incident business model, because for many customers facing data loss they would absolutely fork out for your valuable service.