VMware Cloud Community
Urbanski2011101
Contributor
Contributor

Increase Memory of service vsphere-ui using console in a Vcenter HA

Hi all!!!

After a Vsphere-ui memory heatlh alarm,and reading all the way to solve,it seems we need to increase via console the memory allocated to the service using the command (as example):

cloudvm-ram-size - C 2048 vsphere-ui

after this,is seems the service must restarted...but my question is,if the system is running as a Vcenter HA...is necessary to put the HA in maintance o stop it?, or is not necessary and only make the changes and restar the vsphere-ui service.

Best Regards!!

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Urbanski2011101
Contributor
Contributor

Someone have a idea about this?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
arshad21dvmw
Contributor
Contributor

In my assumption, there is no harm in restarting the service on the center server service. even if you have configured HA for vcenter server. Service which has been altered needs to be restarted. 

service-control --stop vsphere-ui

service-control --start vsphere-ui;

0 Kudos
berndweyand
Expert
Expert

the question is will this configuration change be replicated to the passive node ? because the change is made unter photon os

0 Kudos
Urbanski2011101
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks all

we made the change a few minute ago,with HA under maintenance mode and then,activate again.No Problems.

As you ask,i don´t know if the passive machine make the changes too,but,if a Failover happens....well..hope no...we´ll see it.

Best regards!

0 Kudos
arshad21dvmw
Contributor
Contributor

Check on the passive node if the required value is updated for vsphere -ui

cloudvm-ram-size -l

If its not , then update the value and restart the service. 

0 Kudos
berndweyand
Expert
Expert

you can check it - ssh from the active node into the passive node (heartbeat-network), then check

0 Kudos