VMware Cloud Community
janydesbiens
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

ESXi trying to mount not existing NFS - How to find where

From my NAS I can see an error about my ESXi trying to mount an NFS, but I know it is not existing

------------

rpc.mountd[1555]: refused mount request from 192.168.xxx.xxx for /mnt/xxx/xxx (/): not exported

------------

Maybe I created a datastore refering to this before, but the datastore is not existing anymore. Also, none of my vm is using this NFS.

How can I determine what is trying to use this NFS from my ESXi ? and delete it...

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
continuum
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Do you see any reference to that NFS datastore in /etc/vmware/esx.conf ?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Was it helpful? Let us know by completing this short survey here.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Please check whether one of your VMs has e.g. a virtual CD-ROM drive, which settings point to an ISO image that was located on that NAS?

Even a VM snapshot which has/had a pointer to the NAS (at the time the snapshot was created) may cause this.

André

0 Kudos
janydesbiens
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I tried,

I also tried to shutdown all VM, and still having the error on my NAS. This is why I think it can come from an old setting/config remaning somewhere.

0 Kudos
sjesse
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Check Syslog.global.LogDir on the esxi host and make sure its not pointing there as well

Configure Syslog on ESXi Hosts

0 Kudos
continuum
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Do you see any reference to that NFS datastore in /etc/vmware/esx.conf ?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Was it helpful? Let us know by completing this short survey here.

0 Kudos
janydesbiens
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks,

I removed reference to mount in /etc/vmware/esx.conf - rebooted and everithig is fine now.

Thanks again,

0 Kudos