VMware Cloud Community
eisback
Contributor
Contributor

ESXi 6.7 U1 (HP-Image) / HPE ProLiant DL360-Gen10 / Cannot report on the current status of the physical element

Hi, recently we installed ESXi 6.7 U1 on three HPE ProLiant DL360-Gen10 Server. Everything is working as expected. Now we configured the hardware monitoring and now I realised, that we have 163 warnings of several Intel Components in the storage section (actually this components have nothing to do with storage) : Cannot report on the current status of the physical element

When I scroll to the end I can see HDD / RAID status which is green.

The Server is in the VMware HCL as well as the CPU (Intel Xeon Gold 6132):

VMware Compatibility Guide - cpu

For me this looks like a bug. Anyone with the same issue?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
5 Replies
mSergey
Contributor
Contributor

Same issue with Xeon Gold 5118 CPU - 138 sensors cannot report on the current status of the physical element which freaks out our monitoring software.

0 Kudos
LIV2
Contributor
Contributor

Same issue here, I even tried updating the VIBs to the latest versions but even that doesn't resolve the issue

Does anyone know if this is fixed in update 2?

0 Kudos
eisback
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, i installed 6.7.0 Update 2 (Build 13006603) (HP Image) and the problem is still present.

Due to this bug we were forced to disable the hardware monitoring via PRTG.

0 Kudos
twinsennz
Contributor
Contributor

Anyone found a solution to this one yet?

0 Kudos
jomahoney
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

From 6.5U2/6.7 the Storage Health tab has been separated from the 'System sensors' tab for Hardware monitoring as this data is not provided by the BMC.

It is populated by 3rd party CIM providers.

I suspect if you check the installed provider vibs (using localcli software vib list) you should see one for intelcim-provider.

This is most likely providing the readings you are seeing in the Storage tab.

I would recommend checking with HPE to see if this provider can be disabled and if so you can follow the steps in this KB which should remove those entries:

https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/2053715   "Disabling an ESXi CIM provider when it fails or is unstable"

0 Kudos