Which vCenter version are you running?

Is Content Library Service running?

Constantin
0 Kudos
M1chaelGray
Contributor
Contributor

vSphere Client version 6.5.0 build 4598948

Unsure where to check Content Library Service, can you tell me where to check?

0 Kudos
ConstantinGhioc
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Go to Home -> Administration -> System Configuration -> Objects -> Services and filter by “Content Library”.

How about vCenter version? (I can't find a conversion between vSphere Client and vCenter versions).

Constantin
0 Kudos
M1chaelGray
Contributor
Contributor

Don't have permissions...working on that now.

0 Kudos
samcatoe
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I am having the same issue. It seems as quite a few other users are experiencing the same issue when deploying from the vCenter 6.5 Web Client (Flash)

I am able to deploy it directly from the host with no issues, however since I am not using vCenter it will not let me select the deployment size.

Is there a KB associated to resolving this? Seems failing common for no resolve to be out there yet. ( I did find an answer for using powerCLI, but I am trying to avoid that)

0 Kudos
SteveCoops
Contributor
Contributor

I've just been struggling with this for ages and it's such a simple fix - browse to the FQDN of your vCentre instead of just the hostname and it works!

Cheers,

Steve

aafreendawood
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Issue: OVA deployment worked when directly logged into the host and stuck at validation when tried from vCenter.

Resolved by logging into the VC by providing FQDN and not just the hostname.

Thanks Steve!

0 Kudos
skroesen
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you, solved my issue on a 6.7 deployment as well. 

0 Kudos
talhakalim
Contributor
Contributor

Was having the sae issue deploying NSX-T virtual appliance on vSphere 6.7. Lazily I had not installed chrome on the jump vm and Microsoft Edge was being its usual self.

Installed chrome and worked like a charm.

PS: I was using the FQDN and that was not the issue.

0 Kudos
Noemie
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hello All,

thanks a lot for this tips of FQDN name, it's solved my issue with  vCenter 6.7.

Regards,

Techstarts
Expert
Expert

Thanks for the lucid tip. It saved hour of life.

With Great Regards,
0 Kudos
ttsbas
Contributor
Contributor

Chrome was what fixed it for me also

0 Kudos
Amarokada
Contributor
Contributor

On a brand new deployment:

vCenter appliance 6.7.0.42100

FQDN URL to the vCenter and running HTML5 UI

Self cert certificates from vCenter installed as root CA on Windows management machine running Windows 2016

Chrome Version 79.0.3945.130 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Selecting either the DRS Cluster or a host within the cluster when deploying

Deploying OVA/OVFs gets stuck just after selecting the compute resource with "Validating...".  I've tried several different ones

I can deploy direct to a host (not using vCenter) fine

The same thing happens using the built-in IE version 11.3442.14393.0

I've tried restarting the content library service

Using the deprecated flash UI it works fine

Any other ideas to get this working via vCenter HTML5 UI?

0 Kudos
AlexandruJustin
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

Try clearing the cache of your browser, and login again.

In my case the share where I had the OVA's disconnected but the session remained, and the vCenter was trying to connect using the dead session's  details.

After clearing Firefox Cache and logged in again, the import was able to pass the Validation step.

Or try using a different browser, that helps also !

0 Kudos
BarryUWSEFS
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

In my case with 6.7 and linked vCenters, I had opened vSphere from the URL of the vCenter that was not directly managing the cluster I was deploying the OVF to. Very easy to do since with linked vCenters you can perform most functions on any cluster from either vCenter. Once I opened vSphere from the correct vCenter URL it worked.

CaryTompkins_DS
Contributor
Contributor

This suggestion was extremely valuable for me.  I had tried deploying from different locations, hosting the ova file in different locations...  Nothing was working.  Logged in to the vCenter directly (instead of trying to deploy from a Linked vCenter) and had no more issues.

0 Kudos
shaun2k
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks Steve, using the FQDN worked a charm.

0 Kudos
Baltico41
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you Steve

0 Kudos
tilsupport
Contributor
Contributor

Dear All,

I am facing same problem with vCenter version 6.7.0.20000 even after following all suggestions in this post like ---

1. I always use FQDN to access vCenter, so it does not worked.

2. "Content Library" was already running and healthy, but also tried restarting the service and check, but it also not resolved the problem.

3. Changed browser like chrome, Microsoft, Safari, Firefox and also cleared the history. But that too not resolved the problem.

4. Even I tried restarting the vCenter server (its VM appliance) , but same problem

Please guide me to resolve the issue as I am stuck and not able to install VM from .OVA or .OVF.

0 Kudos