VMware Cloud Community
thuang2
Contributor
Contributor

vcloud director login error

Hi,

When trying to login vcloud director from a browser, i got an error saying, "cannot connect to server". I could not figure out why (based on the error message). BTW, I set up oracle db (for vcloud director) and vcloud director as two VMs (according to vcd install and configuration guide).

A few questions:

1) Is there a log or some other mechanism for user to do debugging in this senario?

2) I am pretty sure i enter the correct "administrator" password.  Just in case that I do not enter the correct password, is there any way for user to reset "administrator" password without being logged in?

Thanks a lot!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
wesiman
Contributor
Contributor

I am experiencing a similar issue. When I try to login to my Administrator account, I get an invalid password message. However, I did not change the password. I am also looking for a way to further debug the login issues I'm having (possibly determine when/who changed the password), and also how to reset it without having access to the web interface.

0 Kudos
sjoglekar
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi,

The following KB provides location of all logs created by vCD cell:

http://kb.vmware.com/kb/1026312

You will most probably find the exception stack traces in vcloud-container-debug.log

Manually resetting the administrator password requires DB tweaking. I would suggest open a support request and GSS will be able to help you with it.

Thanks,
Sangeeta

0 Kudos
thuang2
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks a lot! The information is very helpful!

0 Kudos
thuang2
Contributor
Contributor

Is there any way to recover forgotten password for vcloud director's "administrator"?  Thanks!

0 Kudos