VMware {code} Community
likong88
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

vCloud API for private/inside cloud?

Hi,

sorry for the novice question. For vCloud API, does VMware provide cloud endpoint implementation on vCenter server? It could be useful for my private/internal cloud (and I do not need to develop the extra layer on top of my vCenter server).

From today's coffee talk, I understand that vCloud API should talk to a cloud endpoint which is implemented by public/external cloud service provider (vCloud Express partner).

For private/inside cloud based on vSphere, we could use vSphere SDK to talk to the cloud directly. If vCenter server has the implementation of vCloud API, I could use the same code (based on vCloud API) to talk to both public/external and private/internal clouds.

Thanks.

Kong

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Hi Kong,

vCenter Server does not expose a vCloud API endpoint at this time. The vCloud Express partners expose endpoints as will VMware's forthcoming cloud computing product that sits on top of vCenter Server.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Hi Kong,

vCenter Server does not expose a vCloud API endpoint at this time. The vCloud Express partners expose endpoints as will VMware's forthcoming cloud computing product that sits on top of vCenter Server.

0 Kudos
likong88
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

got it. Thanks!

Kong

0 Kudos