VMware Cloud Community
allenlaiyang
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

why there is no host for ssl verification

allenlaiyang_0-1702499879059.png

hi experts,

i ran into issue with SSL setting on vCenter , there is no host item for verification. is there anything else i missed?

thanks

allen

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Kinnison
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

Hello,

It's not a problem, I would say the opposite, if there were non "verified" HOSTS listed on that page, then you would have problems.

From the documentation:

"You can configure vCenter Server to check the SSL certificates of hosts to which it connects. If you configure this setting, vCenter Server and the vSphere Client check for valid SSL certificates before connecting to a host for operations such as adding a host or making a remote console connection to a virtual machine. Starting with vCenter Server 6.0, SSL certificates are signed by VMware Certificate Authority by default. You can instead use certificates from a third-party CA. Thumbprint mode is supported only for legacy hosts".

Regards,
Ferdinando

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Kinnison
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

Hello,

It's not a problem, I would say the opposite, if there were non "verified" HOSTS listed on that page, then you would have problems.

From the documentation:

"You can configure vCenter Server to check the SSL certificates of hosts to which it connects. If you configure this setting, vCenter Server and the vSphere Client check for valid SSL certificates before connecting to a host for operations such as adding a host or making a remote console connection to a virtual machine. Starting with vCenter Server 6.0, SSL certificates are signed by VMware Certificate Authority by default. You can instead use certificates from a third-party CA. Thumbprint mode is supported only for legacy hosts".

Regards,
Ferdinando