VMware Cloud Community
MLML
Contributor
Contributor

vcsa in two different networks

I administrate a vSphere 5.1 U3 small system.

At the moment I have two dedicated networks within my system.

1st network for VMware communication (VM) and 2nd for the intern communication network (COM) for our system.

The ESXi servers, vcsa, VDR and a management server are in the VM network (10.10.12.x /24).

The virtual machines for our communication system are in the COM network (172.17.0.x /24).

As vCenter we use the vcsa virtual machine. That VM comes predefined from VMware with just one network card.

That network card is usually configured for the VM network to administrate the ESXi hosts.

I also have a UPS for the controlled shutdown process in case of a power failure.

That UPS was configured for the VM network 10.10.12.x for the communication with the vcsa.

The UPS software (APC PowerChute Network Shutdown 3.1 or 4.0 in the future) works togehther with vcsa. That means that the whole shutdown process will be managed by vcsa.

Now I have a physical workstation that is place din the cOM network to communicate with the VMs.

In the case that I need to shutdown also that workstation with the UPS in case of a power failure I would need the communication between vcsa (VM network) and the workstation (COM network).

Now the question:

Is it a problem to add a second network card to VM vcsa also to the COM network?

Will I get any problems with that configuration?

0 Kudos
0 Replies