VMware Cloud Community
baber
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

how can create a role for migrate vm between specific hosts

Dear all

Hi

i have a cluster that include 7 esxi hosts now i want to limit one of my vms which can just vmotion between two specific hosts for example if my vm resided on host1 with fail esxi host migrate to host2 and don't migrate to other esxi hosts

is that possible ?

BR

Please mark helpful or correct if my answer resolved your issue.
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
HassanAlKak88
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Hello,

From Cluster Configure Tab, Under Configuration you have: VM/Host Groups  & VM/Host Rules.

Your target is to create a rule between a VM Group (contains the needed VM) and Host Group (contains the two ESXi server) and the action is "Should/Must run on hosts in group"

pastedImage_3.png

Please consider marking this answer "CORRECT" or "Helpful" if you think your question have been answered correctly.

Cheers,

VCIX6-NV|VCP-NV|VCP-DC|

@KakHassan

linkedin.com/in/hassanalkak

If my reply was helpful, I kindly ask you to like it and mark it as a solution

Regards,
Hassan Alkak

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

This can be achieved by creating DRS rules. Create a Host DRS-Group with the two hosts, a VM DRS-Group with that virtual machine, and then configure a VM-Host Affinity "must" rule.

André

0 Kudos
rchaubey
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I found below blog . if it help you to resolve your query ..

Spotlight on the New DRS Groups and VM-Host Rule Cmdlets! - VMware PowerCLI Blog - VMware Blogs

Regards,

Randhir

0 Kudos
HassanAlKak88
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Hello,

From Cluster Configure Tab, Under Configuration you have: VM/Host Groups  & VM/Host Rules.

Your target is to create a rule between a VM Group (contains the needed VM) and Host Group (contains the two ESXi server) and the action is "Should/Must run on hosts in group"

pastedImage_3.png

Please consider marking this answer "CORRECT" or "Helpful" if you think your question have been answered correctly.

Cheers,

VCIX6-NV|VCP-NV|VCP-DC|

@KakHassan

linkedin.com/in/hassanalkak

If my reply was helpful, I kindly ask you to like it and mark it as a solution

Regards,
Hassan Alkak
0 Kudos