VMware Cloud Community
francescoghini
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Vcenter broken... i cannot reinstall it

Hello, today  tried to update my windows vcenter server to the latest version 6 update 1, unfortunately the update didnt work and my vcenter installation was brokened.
I tried to uninstall completely vcenter without success, so i make a database backup and removed manually all the vcenter folders and cleaned the registry.....

Now every time that im trying to do a new installation the vmware installer want update instead do a fresh install.... how is it possible? how the installer understanding that my server have a vcenter copy already installed if i removed completely all files and registry referrals?
Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
francescoghini
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

not a virtual machine..... anyway i solved, i completely removed all keys into the windows registry using the software RegScanner soi reinstalled all and restored my SQL database backup

THanks

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
greco827
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Is the vCenter Server a virtual machine?  Did you take a snapshot before doing the upgrade?  Is the SQL database on an external server?

If you find this or any other answer useful please mark the answer as correct or helpful https://communities.vmware.com/people/greco827/blog
0 Kudos
francescoghini
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

not a virtual machine..... anyway i solved, i completely removed all keys into the windows registry using the software RegScanner soi reinstalled all and restored my SQL database backup

THanks

0 Kudos