VMware Cloud Community
Buchti
Contributor
Contributor

VM Options Greyed Out - SLES 11 - ESXi 5.5 U3

Hi together

We've been using VMWare vSphere 5.5. U3 for ESXi Hosts and vCenter (with latest Patches).

Now we discovered a Problem with a specific VM (just this vm is affected by this problem). Its a Linux VM SLES 11 and the "Take Snapshot" and Other Options are greyed out. See here:

VM.png

Now I think that the VM is Managed By SRM by Mistake. But I checked this multiple times. And the VM must not be restartet.:smileyconfused:

This is what I already done:

1) I've moved the VM to another Host via vMotion

2) I've looked after open Tasks for this VM on the ESXi Host (vim-cmd vmsvc/get.tasklist 1) -> no open tasks

3) Restartet the vCenter Server responsible for this VM

4) Checked the "Managed By" Tag with this Powershell Script: VMware KB: Virtual machines incorrectly showing as being managed by VMware vCenter Site Recovery Man... / Also checked on the vCenter Database (tables VPX_VM and VPX_VM_CONFIG_INFO)

5) I've reloaded the VM with this command on the ESXi Host: vim-cmd vmsvc/reload Vmid

6) I've checked the ESXi Logs and vCenter logs but as I can't even create a Snapshot Task it won't log anything:)

Curiously I have the Ability to take a Snapshot with the ESXi CLI:

VM2.png

The Snapshot is then visible in the Snapshot Manager but I've got no posibility to remove the Snapshot with Snapshot Manager. The deletion only works with ESXi CLI.

This leads me of thinking about a vCenter Problem since the Host is able to manage Snapshots.

Do you have any guess what strange problem could cause this?

Thanks,

Tobi

0 Kudos
0 Replies