VMware Cloud Community
ch3ss9
Contributor
Contributor

VCenter Appliance 6.7 to 7.x

Having issues upgrading to Vcenter 7.x

I run the vcsa ui installer for windows. get the where i put the IP or FQDN domain name in... error i get is this

2021-09-13T15:21:23.035Z - error: vimService creation failed: Error: 0
2021-09-13T15:21:23.035Z - error: Timed out while attempting to connect to Source IP

Im able to login to the source IP with no issues.... im able to login via port 5480 as well...

Sorta stuck.... not alot of options Im seeing out there....

0 Kudos
10 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

At which step (exactly) do you receive the error message? A screenshot may help.
Please attach the installation log file to your next reply.

André

0 Kudos
ch3ss9
Contributor
Contributor

Step 3... Connect to source appliance 

attached the installer log.

0 Kudos
Ajay1988
Expert
Expert

Looks like the new VCSA cannot communicate to Source VCSA. Make sure to use same subnet IP for temporary new VCSA IP. And keep them on same ESXi to avoid any networking issues. 

If you think your queries have been answered
Mark this response as "Correct" or "Helpful".

Regards,
AJ
0 Kudos
ch3ss9
Contributor
Contributor

the new vcsa isnt even setup, im at step 1 of the upgrade so its asking me for the original vcsa server...

0 Kudos
Ajay1988
Expert
Expert

Which means ur jump box cannot reach the Source VCSA.

If you think your queries have been answered
Mark this response as "Correct" or "Helpful".

Regards,
AJ
0 Kudos
ch3ss9
Contributor
Contributor

so.. im running the vcsa gui from my cdrom.... running and clicking upgrade.... type in the source ip.... which Im able to login with all my vm's with ZERO issue right this second... it fails... have no clue what makes no sense......

0 Kudos
ch3ss9
Contributor
Contributor

Im on my workstation and can access vcsa with no issues at all....

mounting the vcsa ui installer to my windows box i am on... run the upgrade and that happens... ive rebooted vcsa that hasnt fixed it

0 Kudos
SESUP
Contributor
Contributor

Hi. I am having the same problem. Did you figured it out how to solve it ?

0 Kudos
SESUP
Contributor
Contributor

Hi...I've had the same problem and solved it including the ip range of the ESXi host in the "Ignore Hosts list" of the proxy configurations of the local machine used to run the restore application.

0 Kudos
tdoc210
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Is this a vm you are running it from? When you say windows box instead of workstation it makes me think  you are launching this from vm?