VMware Cloud Community
Gendibal
Contributor
Contributor

Need Help for Cold migration on vCenter 6.7 (Html5/Flex Web) without vMotion

Hello,

I have two Esxi Hosts in cluster configuration (license VMware vSphere Essentials Kits)

The Network configuration is the same (same name, etc). Compatibility Check it's ok.

When I try to cold migrate one VM I have these following issue:

- If I choose "change compute resource only" or "change storage only", I can't see the destination Host, only the host where the VM resides.

- If I choose "change both computer resource and storage" I can choose the destination host and storage but when the process start after few second stuck on 23%, and need to be aborted

This issue occurs on both types of web interfaces.

change compute resource only

Migrate compute.JPG

change both computer resource and storage

Migrate 2.JPG

What am I doing wrong? what am I forgetting to consider?. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

0 Kudos
2 Replies
depping
Leadership
Leadership

I assume:

• you have a vMotion VMkernel interface defined on both hosts
  • you have a shared datastore if you want to do "compute" only
0 Kudos
Gendibal
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Depping,

thanks for your kind quick response.

Provided that I don't have a vMotion license on that infrastructure, I created a "Provisioning" vmkernel interface on both hosts.

Do you think I need to create a vMotion vmkernel as well?

Regarding you second observation, well no, you are right I don't have a shared datastore.

After your response I guess I can choose only option 3 "change both computer resource and storage" because I don't have a shared storage.

In this case the issue is why the process hung at 23%..... is it because the vmkernel do you think?

thanks

0 Kudos