VMware Cloud Community
Leo0601
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I am not able to import the OVA file in 6.7 and 7.0 vCenter, I am getting the below.error.

Hi Experts,

When I am trying to the import the OVA file in 6.7 and 7.0 vCenter, I am getting the below.

Failed to deploy OVF package

ThrowableProxy.Cause
A Specified parameter was not correct.
The checksum(s) from the provided manifest file do not match the content of files (s) 

Kindly help me to fix this issue. What change I have to do to fix this issue.

I am looking forward to hearing  from you.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

To calculate a file's checksum, right click that file, and select "CRC SHA" -> "SHA-256". Then compare the output with the checksum that's provided in the .mf file.

Please note that depending on the 7zip version, you may find the "CRC SHA" menu entry either directly in the file's context menu, or in the "7zip" sub-menu.

André

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
24 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

The error suggests an issue with the files, have you tried a fresh download from wherever you got them from?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
Leo0601
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

@scott28tt 

Hi Scott

Thanks for reply. OVA is working in all the vCenters. Only 2 particular vCenter its not working. Followed the below article. But no luck. 

https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/2105932

Please some suggest method to fix this issue. 

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

That's indeed strange.
Are the 2 vCenter Servers different from the others? Other version/build numbers?

A workaround could be to extract the OVA, and run the deployment without selecting the .mf file.

André

0 Kudos
Leo0601
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

@a_p_ 

Hi Andre,

Thanks for your reply.

Are the 2 vCenter Servers different from the others? Other version/build numbers?
We are able to deploy Windows 2012 OVA's. We are getting error only with Windows 2019 OVA. There is no issue with VC. Both are with latest build. 

A workaround could be to extract the OVA, and run the deployment without selecting the .mf file.
Could you please explain how to do that ? Let me do this and let you know.

I am looking forward to hear from you. 

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

You can extract an OVA using e.g. 7zip.
Then, instead of selecting the OVA in the deployment wizard, select the extracted files except for the .mf file.

André

Leo0601
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

@a_p_ 

Hi Andre

We have tried whatever you suggested. Still no luck

0 Kudos
Sachchidanand
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Are you using FQDN or IP to access the vCenter?

Regards,

Sachchidanand

0 Kudos
Leo0601
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

@Sachchidanand 

Hi Sachchidanand,

We logged in with the IP address of the vCenter.

Is there anything I have to do with the Checksum file? Do you have any idea? 

Looking forward to hearing from you. 

0 Kudos
Sachchidanand
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Check what checksum is provided at the portal from where you have downloaded the file. Generate is locally and compare it with it. 

Check if VCSA is deployed with FQDN, then use FQDN to open it. Try with different browser also.

Also check if you are able to deploy ova from the ESXi host directly, this will help distinguish the issue.

Regards,

Sachchidanand 

0 Kudos
Leo0601
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Spoiler

@Sachchidanand
Hi Sachchidanand

Thanks for your reply. 

Try with different browser also. Also check if you are able to deploy ova from the ESXi host directly,?

We have tried already. but no luck. Tried with MS Edge, Chrome & Mozilla. But not working. Even we have tried directly  with ESXi host. Still not able to deploy the OVA.

Check what checksum is provided at the portal from where you have downloaded the file. Generate is locally and compare it with it. Check if VCSA is deployed with FQDN, then use FQDN to open it.
Could you please explained in detail about it. It will help me to do the same in our infra. Then I will let you know.

Waiting for your reply.

0 Kudos
Leo0601
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi Experts,

Is it any way to import ova to data store and deploy the ova ??

Or Any other suggestion to fix the issue, please let me know.

I am waiting for the reply. 

0 Kudos
Sachchidanand
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Whenever you download an image from a portal, it gives you the checksum of the image which you can compare with the locally generated checksum using md5sum, sha256sum etc commands. It will ensure that your image is not altered duing download and it's safe to use.

Second thing is your vcsa fqdn, if you configured your vcsa with fqdn then open is via fqdn and then try to import ova.

Regards,

Sachchidanand

0 Kudos
Leo0601
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

@Sachchidanand 

Hi Sachchidanand,

Thanks for your time.

Let us try what you have suggested and let you know.

0 Kudos
Leo0601
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

@a_p_ 

Hi Andre

As you mentioned mf file is the culprit. Thank you.

Earlier I have tried to extract the OVA with 7zip. My 7zip had some issue, So it was not extracted properly. Later on I have tried with Winrar. Then I was able to see the mf file.

I have extracted the OVA file.

During while deploying the OVA file I just ignored the mf file. then I was able to deploy without any issue. but VM is not working without the mf file

When i am trying the ON the VM, I am getting the below screen.

ova error.JPG

Need to create the OVA with signed. I have followed the somelink. But its for to create OVF file. We are expecting to create OVA.

Kindly suggest me some solution to fix this issue. 

I am looking forward to hearing from you

0 Kudos
Leo0601
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

@Sachchidanand 

Hi Sachchidanand

Thanks for all your effort.

As andre mentioned mf file is the culprit. Thank you.

I have extracted the OVA file.

During while deploying the OVA file I just ignored the mf file. then I was able to deploy without any issue. but VM is not working without the mf file

When i am trying the ON the VM, I am getting the below screen.

ova error.JPG

Kindly suggest me some solution to fix this issue. 

I am waiting for your reply

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

I'm afraid that in this case, the issue is not related to the .mf file, but to a corrupted/incomplete data file.
Open the .mf file with a text editor, and verify that checksums for the provided files to find out which one causes the issue.

André

0 Kudos
Leo0601
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

@a_p_ 

Hi Andre

Thanks much for your reply. 

This is what inside the mf file. I have mentioned below. 

SHA256(Win2K19-Base.ovf)= e97d6aab6b70599053260939790775624fd1de11a33080ef6e0f36e00c9c497d
SHA256(in2K19-Base_disk0.vmdk)= a093a7fa003024f114ed2d5f3385fb6211f8a705f9b171de4a1cc5dd43dda456

Which one is creating the checksum problem, no idea about that. 

Could you please guide me what I have to do ?

Looking forward to hearing from you

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Use a checksum tool to get those of the mentioned files.

If you have 7zip installed you will find a "CRC SHA" in the context (right click) menu for the files.

André

0 Kudos
Leo0601
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

@a_p_ 

Sorry Andre

I am not able to understood clearly.

Could you please elaborate bit more, what I have to do with "CRC SHA" in 7zip.

It will helpful to fix this issue.

Thanks for your response. 

Waiting for your reply.

0 Kudos