VMware Cloud Community
danlaney
Contributor
Contributor

Horizon View Client - Connection Error

Hi All

I am hoping there is someone out there can can help me...

I have a working VMware Horizon View environment set up and working. The issue i am having is allowing access to the agent via the internet. I have opened up ports 4172 on router, i can connect to this computer via RDP remotely (internet Connection) but when i try and connect via Horizon Veiw Client I get an error " Error: A Network error Occurred" i have installed Security Server - have configured PCoIP Secure Gateway, this is pointing to my external IP with Port 4172.

Can someone advise where i have gone wrong?

many thanks

Dan

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
npeter
Expert
Expert

> I have opened up ports 4172

Make sure port 4172 ( both UDP and TCP) is open on external facing IP.

The same ports need to be open on your agent and on any firewalls in between security server and agent.

Best place to refer is Setting up PCoIP Remote Access with View 4.6 and Newer

-nObLe
0 Kudos
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership

What is your "External URL" and "External PCoIP IP" set to? It should reflect whatever the user should see, so in most cases the external DNS-name and the public IP.

// Linjo

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
krismcewan
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Anyone seen this again?   we have this in an environement that is internal.   Client 4.6 works but Client 3 onwards shows this.

A VMware Consultant in Scotland for Taupo Consulting http://www.taupoconsulting.co.uk If you think I'm right or helpful award me some points please
0 Kudos