VMware Cloud Community
charlieppr7
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Can you install Server 2008 and Vmware Vcenter server 5.5 on the same Pc please let me know what are the steps thanks in advance!!!

Can you  install  Server 2008  and  Vmware Vcenter   server  5.5   on the same  Pc  please let me know  what  are the  steps  thanks  in  advance!!!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

Welcome to the Community,

Basically  yes. However, vCenter Server 5.5 requires at lease Windows 2008 SP2 (for requirements see e.g. http://kb.vmware.com/kb/2052334)

André

0 Kudos
NavalgundRaj
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi Charlie,

Answer is "NO"

You cannot install vCenter 5.5 on 2008.

I will update you O/S and other requirement for 5.5 in next update at the earliest possible.

Note: If you found this correct or answer useful please consider the use of the Correct buttons to award points. Regards Basavaraj.R Navalgund
0 Kudos
NavalgundRaj
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

HI Charlie, Ans: vCenter 5,5 requires Windows Server 2008 SP2 at the minimum, Note:  vCenter Server 5.5 removes support for Windows Server 2008 SP1 as a host operating system. Upgrade Windows Server 2008 SP1 hosts to SP2 before upgrading vCenter Server to version 5.5

Note: If you found this correct or answer useful please consider the use of the Correct buttons to award points. Regards Basavaraj.R Navalgund
0 Kudos