VMware {code} Community
MBarghouthi
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

a file i/o error occurred while accessing vmware converter 6

Hi,

I am trying to convert a windows 2008 R2 system to a VM and using VMware converter v6. but the task fails at 1% with an error A file I/O error occurred while accessing ''. 

please find the screenshot of the error and logs.

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MBarghouthi
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

hi

i solved the problem the port between Source and ESXi Host close after open it the process work Port is  902

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 Replies
POCEH
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Should you upload log bundle?

0 Kudos
MBarghouthi
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

PLEASE FIND ATTACHED

0 Kudos
POCEH
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

The most important log in this case: the agent's one is missing, find it in the source machine.

0 Kudos
MBarghouthi
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

how i can solve it

0 Kudos
MBarghouthi
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

i can reach source server from vcenter and all port open between them, so where is the problem ?

0 Kudos
POCEH
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

The agent logs are placed on source machine (i.e. machine to be converted) and this log will help us to understand where the problem is.

I can't say why you can't see the problem, but from my (remote) perspective, there is no chance to help, at least, without log files.

0 Kudos
patanassov
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

The worker log mentions that the agent log has been retrieved. Export the failed task log bundle, it should be in it.

0 Kudos
MBarghouthi
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

hi

i solved the problem the port between Source and ESXi Host close after open it the process work Port is  902

0 Kudos
bigflatus
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

if it helps anyone, I had the same issue.  for me the fix was the source machine could not resolve the names of the esxi hosts.  manually adding them and the vcenter IP's to the hosts file fixed it.

bscull
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

That was wracking my brain, Updating the host file with the ESXi host name on the source machine, sorted the problem
Thanks

0 Kudos